Tuesday, May 27, 2008

One Week in and the green is popping up

It's been awhile since my last update so here are some pictures I took this weekend in the garden. Later today or tomorrow I will post some more recent pictures. :)




We planted the garden not last weekend but the one before. Within 4-5 days the radishes started to appear. By the weekend (one full week) this is how much they have grown. Very exciting!!!

If you look really hard you can see the corn is also starting to make its way up to the surface.

Last, but not least our cucumbers have also made an appearance!

This picture is very blurry but if you look hard enough you can see where those crazy birds have started pulling the green covers off their perches. They pull them off and throw them on the ground. I have another story to share with you later about what little rascals these birds really are!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Your radishes look different from mine. But maybe they are different kinds. My beans, peas and zucchini are taking off! They grow the neatest, shedding their shells as they grow up. My carrots are starting to poke out their heads too. And my mixed flowers (which is going to be interesting as I just dumped various seeds into that pot) are poking through too.
Pictures to come.

Canadian Saver said...

Dolly, do you have an update? I love seeing pics of people's gardens... I'll have to post mine when we get all the tomatoes transplanted.

Dolly Iris said...

Sorry for lack of updates sometimes. I don't know why but I didn't get any comment notifications so I didn't see these comments before. Sorry guys!